Working For Us
Consultant in Special Care Dentistry
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Special Care Dentistry
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
- 001 DSG883
- University Dental Hospital
- £79,957 - £103,806 per annum
- 28/03/2021 23:59
CARING FOR PEOPLE - KEEPING PEOPLE WELL
Cardiff & Vale University Health Board wish to recruit an enthusiastic and outstanding Consultant in Special Care Dentistry. To be eligible for appointment you must be registered on the Specialist List in Special Care Dentistry and possess a postgraduate qualification of relevance to the field. You will be expected to deliver and develop a first class clinical service for patients and contribute positively to teaching and training in special care dentistry.
Based in the University Dental Hospital, the appointee will deliver consultant-led services in the management of:
- Patients who have a physical, sensory, intellectual, mental, medical, emotional or social impairment or disability or a combination of these factors.
- Patients with acute dental emergencies
- Medically compromised and hospital-based patients
- Patients requiring treatment under conscious sedation and general anaesthesia
Time will be divided between:
- The University Dental Hospital
- Other long-stay hospitals in the City.
The post-holder will provide high-quality clinical teaching, didactic teaching and assessment of students in the management of acute dental emergencies, medically compromised patients and conscious sedation.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Professor Ivor Chestnutt
- Job title
- Clinical Director
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 02920 742422
- Additional information
Miss Hayley Dixon, General Manager, ENT, Opthamology and Dental Directorates, Surgery Clinical Board