Working For Us
Community Diabetes Specialist Nurse (City and South Cluster)
- Band 6
- 2 x part time to cover 45hrs/week
- £31,365 - £37,890 Per annum pro rata
- 04/03/2021 23:59
CARING FOR PEOPLE - KEEPING PEOPLE WELL
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (the UHB) is a Smoke Free Health Board. Smoking is banned across all of the UHB sites. Staff are therefore not able to smoke in the hospital grounds or on any other UHB premises.
The UHB reserves the right to close this vacancy after 24 hours if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from everyone and actively seek a diverse range of applicants. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential no matter their disability, sex, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity or marriage and civil partnership status.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English
An opportunity has arisen for bright, keen, motivated Nurses with experience of working with people with Diabetes to join our team in delivering essential and specialist Diabetes nursing care, specifically supporting the City and South Cluster
The Diabetes Team provide in-patient and out-patient services for people with Diabetes across University Hospital of Wales and University Hospital Llandough. Our services include Insulin Pump therapy, Gestational Diabetes management, the young adults service, structured patient education and staff education as well as providing an in-patient service for patients with Diabetes. We are currently developing a Community Diabetes Specialist Nurse Team which will be key to
- developing an enabling environment in order to provide patients and their families with the skills required to manage their diabetes.
- supporting the delivery of the UHB Community Based Diabetes Model
- identifying, reviewing and optimising the treatment of patients with diabetes, developing management plans, initiating and titrating prescribed treatments and evaluating outcomes.
- supporting other secondary care practitioners towards providing excellent care
- delivering specialist educational programmes to a range of healthcare professionals in relation to Diabetes including medical, nursing and Allied Health Professional staff and to patients
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and will work well within a team. The ability to cope in stressful and demanding situations is highly desirable, although support will be given.
We are searching for nurses who share our values that:
- We care about the people we serve and the people we work with
- We trust one another
- We respect each other
- We take personal responsibility
- We treat people with kindness
- We act with integrity
In return we will offer you a dynamic, friendly working environment, a full induction programme and a competency based development plan to guide your development within the role.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Closing Date: 4th March 2021
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Claire Drake - Community Diabetes Specialist Nurse Team Leader
Telephone: 07870 268735