Working For Us
- Occupational Therapist
- Band 6
- 18.75 hours per week (Part time 18.75 hours per week)
- Vale Community Resource Service
- £31,365 - £37,890 Per annum pro rata
- 04/03/2021 23:59
CARING FOR PEOPLE - KEEPING PEOPLE WELL
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (the UHB) is a Smoke Free Health Board. Smoking is banned across all of the UHB sites. Staff are therefore not able to smoke in the hospital grounds or on any other UHB premises.
The UHB reserves the right to close this vacancy after 24 hours if a large number of suitable applications are received. Therefore we encourage early applications to ensure consideration for this post.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
We are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We welcome applications from everyone and actively seek a diverse range of applicants. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential no matter their disability, sex, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity or marriage and civil partnership status.
Applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English
An exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to work in a focused role, within the Vale Community Resource Team. The role will be to work with people resident within the community experiencing mild to moderate cognitive impairment. You will also be required to work alongside Occupational Therapy colleagues and other professionals within the Vale Community Resource Service to support them in the acquisition of sills and knowledge within this specialist area.
You will have:
- Experience in providing evidence based Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention for people with mild to moderate cognitive impairment in the community
- Knowledge of dementia and the Cardiff and Vale UHB Dementia Strategy. Also experience of the Recovery Model for Mental Health
- Excellent communication skills to work alongside a variety of Multidisciplinary Teams including Cardiff and Vale UHB Memory Team, Mental Health Services for Older People, Social Services and the Third Sector, Linking between Primary and Secondary Care when required.
- Able to communicate Carers Needs and communicate effectively
If you are interested in the post, please ring Paula Starr 01446 704138 or Angharad Ralley 02920 839988 to discuss further.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Closing date: 4th March 2021.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Welsh language skills are desirable
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Paula Starr
- Job title
- VCRS Occupational Therapy Team Leader
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01446 704138